The Holt Fintech Accelerator officially kicked off last week on Monday, September 17th! We’ve been hard at work with our first cohort of teams — why not check out what it is we were up to?
On Monday, we started the day with Managing Partner Brendan Holt Dunn introducing the teams to the Holt family — all of our teams are honorary family members now.
2. Next, one of our partners, Montreal International, kicked off our first Holt workshop session. To help our teams best take advantage of the unique ecosystem here in Canada, Montreal International’s Mark Maclean spoke about understanding Montreal, Quebec, and Canada.
3. Real Ventures’ Isaac Souweine also put on a workshop session — this time, our teams heard all about OKRs!
4 & 5. Finally, what better way to finish the first day of an accelerator in Montreal than to catch a Habs game?
To commemorate the teams gathered in Montreal, we kicked off our daily team lunches at Dunn’s.
6. The workshop sessions continued on Tuesday with CX&UX hosted by digital pioneers, Valtech.
7. Tuesday evening, the Holdun Family Office put on an invitational dinner — what’s better than Fintech and food?
8. More workshop sessions? Absolutely! Holt partners BDG and FGS teamed up to talk to our teams about a key aspect to any venture: digital marketing.
9. Thursday’s workshop session? Regulation and IP by AMF and BCF!
10. Startup Open House came to Montreal on Thursday, and Holt was among the Montreal startups to open our doors to the city. Drinks were shared over talk about the world of Fintech and what it takes to become a Holt advisor. Attendees also got a chance to speak with our 2018 cohort of Fintechs!
How did we see the first week off? With a workshop session on our very own Stradigi AI! Montreal is an AI leader — and Stradigi’s AI lab will be invaluable to our teams in the coming weeks.
It was a busy week — one packed full of valuable teaching and networking for all of our teams. We’re all excited for what’s next!