our value offer
|We find you customers, AI experts, and investments, all while supporting back-end administration.|
$30K CAD upfront
up to $100K available if milestones are met
potential investments from Holt angels & institutions
potential for capital calls from Holt or Holdun
access to key people in financial institutions
obtain real feedback on product(s)
potentially close deals with paying customers
super advisors provide one day a week over 12-weeks
access to world class PhDs to guide the teams
coaching & workshops (pitch sessions, lunch & learns, etc.)
guidance from industry & tech experts
bonus: visibility, free workspace, service provider discounts
potential to partner with our network of Holt Almuni
embed yourself into the Canadian community (from company incorporation to immigration visas)
be recognized as a thought leader from coast to coast during Holt’s cross-Canada roadshow
|We will select the top 10 fintechs from around the world to partake in our 12-week program.|
Holt’s managing partners, staff and advisors will meet the team weekly to review their sprints.
OUR ADVISOR COMMITMENT
Receive guidance from the most relevant advisors within our 300+ advisor army. Potential to close deals through our network!
Pitch throughout the different Canadian ecosystems & refine through feedback given from advisors from all over Canada.
HOLT FINTECH SHOW
Each team is showcased in a Demo Day like no other! Your final pitch will have an audience of over 500 attendees (advisors, potential partners/investors & key industry players)
PITCH & BRAND
Each startup must pitch to our partners own your pitch & build your brand through storytelling, thought leaderships and practice, practice, practice!
TRAINING & FRAMEWORKS
Tailored trainings given by the Holt team and Holt’s Program Partners. Lunch & Learns with key industry players in an intimate setting.
startups we select
|We seek startups that we know we can best serve, and those that are a good fit in our Holt Accelerator Family.|
- founder-market-fit, skills to execute, preference for industry experience
- Coachable, honest, genuine, committed and demonstrating integrity
- Does this create 10x value over current processes?
- Early customers with potential to improve unit economics
- Heavily validated product, vetted by our partner network
- Highly relevant to solving the problem and creating a company “moat”
- Working prototype or proven to be technologically feasible
- Family, Friends and Fools money, and / or pre-seed money
- Seed funding, in need of a bridge round
TIMING & MARKET
- Billion dollar market opportunity, with potential to be +100M evaluated company
- Uniqueness, defence ability, barriers to entry, competition
|Here are the key milestones for you to remember|
2021 – TBD
Final Round: 2021 – TBD
|Our 12-week program is curated to help you succeed and reach your goals.|
MAKE US AN OFFER
HOLT FINTECH SHOW
got questions? we got answers
|Everything you need to know about Holt Fintech Accelerator.|
What is the program?
After applying, we will provide feedback from our Advisors regarding the applicant’s fit within our ecosystem. The top ~30 will be invited to pitch in front of 100+ financial institutions, investors, partners and advisors. They will also receive a tour of Montreal’s current tech ecosystem. Based on feedback from the selection day VIP attendees, the top 10 will be selected into the program, which includes:
- Working with the Financial Institution and selected FinTech on agreed upon terms for POC
- $130K in cash, in exchange for equity (flexible terms)
- Additional follow-on capital from partners
- Weekly meetings with an Impact Team, consisting of managing partners and Holt Advisors that focus on supporting your business objectives.
- Access to our applied AI partners, and discounted costs from them or other service providers if further support is needed
- Visibility and networking opportunities through our Cross-Canada Roadshow, Fintech Events, Career Fair, and Fintech Show.
Is this a resident program? Meaning do we have to be physically located for the duration of the program up in Canada ?
You're an "AI" Fintech accelerator, we're not an AI company, so why do you think we're a good fit ?
Can you tell me about some of the deal sizes that have recently happened for US-based companies that you have incubated?
Has any "influencer" integrated a product from your incubator companies into their own brands in the last 3 years?
I am not a FinTech - is there an opportunity for me ?
- Raise from the FInetch show where all VCs, Corp VCs attend (video link in the signature), from the deal days that we do in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary and also from the Holt Family
- Network with 200+ mentors/advisors/investors (you can check the profiles on our website) – these are a big source of fund-raising and business development avenue
How much does it cost?
How many team members can come?
The program is for founders (those with +10% share of the equity in the company); however, if other key members are required to accelerate your growth, then we encourage those members to also attend.
Do you provide visa support to international founders that need a visa to enter Canada?
Do we have to go to Montreal?
How do you define FinTech (who do you look for)?
We are already generating $3M in revenue - can you help us?
Given the quality of our advisors, access to an applied AI lab, connections to $1 billion in FinTech funding, and being embedded within the FinTech ecosystem, we can certainly help you. That said, our accelerator model is dependent on receiving a certain level of equity for our investment and services provided. While our terms are flexible, we must obtain a certain threshold of equity to ensure the “venture math” works out.
How much equity do you take?
Our terms are flexible, and in fact, we get the founders to make us an offer. That said, we allow 15 startups to make an offer, of which we only select 10. The offer consists of a first CAD$30K cash investment and CAD$200K of services converted at your current cap rate, with potential for an additional CAD$100K follow-on cash investment if milestones are met.
What stage startup are you looking for?
Will you be opening other centres in Canada?
Too early to tell, but open to suggestions
What is the level of commitment required by the startup?
We expect the founders to be full-time, therefore, 100% committed to advancing their startup to their next milestone.
Do you take equity?
Yes, we do take equity. Our terms are flexible (you make us an offer), which includes up to CAD$130K cash, but in exchange for equity.
Who is the corporate sponsor and is the aim to do a pilot with them in a particular market?
We have Advisors who represent over 40 financial institutions, alongside several corporate partners who are looking for POCs. During selection day, they will advise if it’s worth conducting a POC, then we will invest in the teams most likely to successfully implement a POC.