got questions? we got answers
|Everything you need to know about Holt Fintech Accelerator.|
How much does it cost?
Do you accept only Canadian companies to your program?
How many team members can come?
Do you provide a visa support to international founders that need a visa to enter Canada?
Do we have to go to Montreal?
How do you define FinTech (who do you look for)?
We are already generating $3M in revenue - can you help us?
Given the quality of our advisors, access to an applied AI lab, connections to $1 billion in FinTech funding, and being embedded within the FinTech ecosystem, we can certainly help you. That said, our accelerator model is dependent on receiving a certain level of equity for our investment and services provided. While our terms are flexible, we must obtain a certain threshold of equity to ensure the “venture math” works out.
How much equity do you take?
Will you be opening other centres in Canada?
What stage startup are you looking for?
What is the level of commitment required by the startup?
Do you take equity?
Yes, we do take equity. Our terms are flexible (you make us an offer), which includes up to $125K cash, but in exchange for equity.
Who is the corporate sponsor and is the aim to do a pilot with them in a particular market?
We have half a dozen corporate sponsors. We can’t name them yet, however this will be announced in the coming months. During selection day, they will advise if it’s worth conducting a POC, then we will invest in the teams most likely to successfully implement a POC.
What is the program?
We will seek 600+ applications from around the world. The top 30-40 will be invited to pitch in front of 100+ financial institutions, investors, partners and advisors. They will also receive a tour of Montreal’s current tech ecosystem. Based on feedback from the selection day VIP attendees, the top 10 will be selected into the program, which includes:
– Working with the Financial Institution and selected FinTech on agreed upon terms for POC
– $130K in cash, in exchange for equity (flexible terms)
– Additional follow-on capital from partners
– Weekly meetings with an Impact Team, consisting of a managing partner, AI scientists and UX designer
– Access to our applied AI lab, with discounted staffing costs if further development needed
– Visibility and networking opportunities through our Mentor Day, Canada’s FinTech Forum, Career Fair, and Demo Day.